Python for Beginners | Definitive Guide to learn Python
Hello Beginners!!! Very passionate to learn Python Language? Then get the step by step procedure guide here to learn it. Know the features, applications, basics, uses etc of the language. In the year 1991, Guido Van Rossum has released Python language which has a design philosophy that guarantees code readability. The syntax of Python Language allows the programmers to express all the concepts in a very few lines. Python is an interpreted, high-level, general programming language.
Basics and Uses of Python
Python is useful to develop web applications, websites and desktop GUI applications. This language allows the programmer to focus on the core functionality of the application with the responsibility of common programming tasks. The simple syntax keeps the code base readable and application maintainable. Creation of scalable Web Apps using framework and Content Management System (CMS) on python are very easy.
History of Python
In 1980’s, Guido Van Rossum (the creator of Python language) was working on Amoeba distributed operating system group. He was trying to create a interpreted language like ABC which has simple syntax to understand to access Amoeba system calls. His thought of creating a new language which is extensible was the main key to get python language in existence.
Python is necessary because of its functionalities. They are:
- Python works on various platforms like Linux, Raspberry Pi, Windows, Mac etc.
- Python’s Syntax is as simple as English language.
- Python’s syntax allows programmers to write programs with fewer lines compared to other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, it means that the code can be executed as soon as it is written which results in very quick prototyping.
- Python can be treated in a functional way, procedural way or an object-orientated way.
Features of Python Language
- Its interpretation is easy as there are no separate steps for compilation and execution like C and C++.
- Programmer can directly run the program from source code.
- Internally, Python converts this source code into an intermediate code form called byte codes.
- The converted byte code then gets translated into native language of the particular computer to run it.
- There are no worries regarding linking and loading with libraries, etc.
2. Platform Independent
- It is the language which supports its programs that can be developed and executed on multiple operating system platforms.
- Python use is applicable on Macintosh, Solaris, Linux, Windows and many more.
3. Free and Open Source
- Python language is available freely at official web address. The source-code is also available for free of cost. Therefore it is an open source.
- Python language is simple as it is close Closer to English language. Hence it is easy to learn and understand.
- Emphasis on the solution to the problem rather than the syntax is more.
- It indicates that other languages like C/C++ can be used to compile the code and also can be used further in the python code.
- It is robust in Exceptional handling features.
- There are inbuilt Memory management techniques.
7. Rich Library Support
- Python Language has a very vast Standard Library.
- “Batteries included” philosophy of Python language can aid to do numerous things involving threading, web browsers, regular expressions, unit testing, databases, documentation generation, CGI, GUI, email, XML, HTML, WAV files, cryptography and many more.
- Along with the standard library, there are also various high-quality libraries like the Python Imaging Library which is an creative simple image manipulation library.
- You can easily add low-level modules to the Interpreter of Python. These low-level modules enable programmers to customize or add their tools to be most efficient.
Apart from the mentioned features, Python also has a big list of good features. They are:
- It can be used as a scripting language which can be compiled to byte code for building large applications.
- It supports dynamic type checking and provides very high-level dynamic data types.
- Python supports structured and functional programming methods as Object Oriented Programming.
- It supports automatic garbage collection.
- It can be easily integrated with languages like COM, Active X, C++, C, COBRA and JAVA.
Applications of Python Language
GUI-Based Desktop Applications
Python has a simple modular architecture, ability to work on multiple OS, simple syntax, rich text processing tools which make it a desirable choice for the development of desktop based applications. To create a high functional Graphical User Interface, various tools like wxPython, PyQt or PyGtk are available. There are various applications developed using Python are as follows.
Graphic Design Applications and Image Processing
To make 2D imaging software such as GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, Scribus, Inkscape etc, python is helpful. 3D animation packages like 3ds, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Maya, Blender, Lightwave also use this language in variable proportions.
2. Scientific and Computational Applications
In the involvement of computation and processing of scientific data, Numeric Python and Scientific Python are the main keys of the language. Finite element method software such as Abaqus and 3D modeling software such as FreeCAD are coded in Python.
Python has various platforms, libraries and modules that support development of games. For example, PyGame provides functionality and library for game development, PySoy is a 3D game engine supporting Python 3. By using Python, various games like Civilization-IV, Toontown Online, Disney’s, Vega Strike etc.
Web Frameworks and Web Applications
Various frame works like TurboGears, Flask, Django, CherryPy, Bottle etc uses python. These frame works furnishes modules and standard libraries which simplify interaction with database, tasks of content management, interfacing with different internet protocals like XML-RPC, SMTP, FTP, HTTP and POP. ERP is an open source useful in apparel, aerospace and banking. Some of the popular web applications based on Python are Google App Engine and a consolidated suite of business applications.
Business and Enterprise Applications
Python is a coding language for customizing larger applications with features that include extensibility, scalability and readable syntax. Reddit was rewritten in Python in 2005, which was orginally present in Common Lips. Python Contribution for Youtube is also very high.
The integral part of Linux distributions is Python. For instance, Red Hat Enterprise Linux’s Anaconda Installer, Ubuntu’s Ubiquity Installer and Fedora’s are available in Python. For the help of Portage package management system, Gentoo Linux makes use of Python language.
For the development of numerous languages, Python’s module and design architecture are the reason. Languages like Apple’s Swift, Cobra and OCaml, CoffeeScript share the similar syntax like Python.
Python has an open source advantage of support with large community. This makes the preferred choice for prototype development. The features like extensibility, scalability, agility and ease of refactoring code combines with Python allows development from the initial prototype.
Since from the origin of Python in 1989, it has become part of plethora of desktop based, scientific, web based, graphic design and computational applications. The ease of development for enterprises can be possible with python available for Mac, Linux/UNIX, Windows etc. If you are searching for the best Python Training Center in Hyderabad, then panditlink is the best place to get full fledged knowledge in every corner.